Our Followspot is a luminaire designed to be moved by an operator to light a specific performer as they move about the stage. The best-known use is the 'star' of the show being lit in a bright hard edge spot for a musical, pantomime, or concert.... however Followspots are often used in a much more subtle way, as a highlight drawing the audience's attention as the action unfolds, typically the beam edge is slightly diffused to blend with the rest of the stage lighting.
Operating a Followspot is a skilled job, requiring a steady hand, and good anticipation so the spot is always on the performer lighting them, not following them! The operator may have to alter the beam size using the adjustable iris diaphragm and change the colour filter while always keeping the spot steady on the performer.
In order to attract the audience's attention, the Followspot beam must be several times brighter than the rest of the stage lighting. Narrow-angle, higher powered tungsten halogen or lower voltage (80V) light sources are typical for smaller stages, drama workshops and school halls with the higher efficiency discharge arc light sources (MSR, HMI Xenon) used for longer throws / larger stages.
- Choose your product/package
- Select the city where your event is happening
- Select the duration of your event
- Select the quantity (if applicable)
- Click on ‘Rent This Now’
- Choose the date of your event
- Choose the time you want the gear to reach the venue
- Click on ‘Checkout’
- Select payment method – Cashcare or EMI
- Fill in the billing and shipping details
- Click on ‘Complete Order’
For further information, please write to us at email@example.com.